Ads Top

Travel The World Through Beautiful Illustrations of Richa Thakkar

Indian based illustrator Richa Thakkar created a beautiful series of illustration art work ‘ILLUSTRAVEL’- Travelling through Illustrations. We have reached her to know more about her inspiration. Here what she had to say.

Follow Her: Facebook


Ponte di Rialto- Venice, Italy
I always had an interest for art in general since childhood. So I joined MIT institute of Design, Pune after school. I studied communication design over there.

Later on, I realized my passion in illustration and since then I have been illustrating on a regular basis. 

Though, I've always believed that I don't make art, art makes itself through me.
Pamukkale, Turkey
* How did you find your style? Has it changed since you started?

I would say my style is still developing. Once I started drawing frequently, I saw there are some things which I draw in a particular way. Also some of my colleagues helped me recognize it. I paid attention to these and improved it more. Yes, its changed quite a lot since I started and is still evolving.

Crete, Greece
Paris, France
Rakotz Bridge, Germany
* What inspires you to create these amazing art work? 

Nature, every day life and little moments are what inspire me. I feel life is in these tiny moments because these are the things that make our lives precious and we should experience it as fully as possible. When viewers tell me that my work inspires them or brings a smile on their face and touches their heart, I get motivated to make more.

Avenue of the Baobabs, Madagascar
Bo-Kaap, South Africa
Taman Negara Canopy walk, Malaysia
How do you come up with new ideas? Do you have a process?

I don't have a particular process for my work. I draw what catches my attention. It can be a puppy licking someone's face, a good conversation, a walk by the street. Sometimes it is what I dream. It depends on my mood. Few months back, I got an idea to travel around the world through illustration, so I made a series on that.

Namibia
Vaadhoo Island, Maldives
* Most Challenging Aspect that comes through your work?

The most challenging aspect for me is to get the mood and pose right. The final picture has to look like I had it in my mind. But, I guess that improves with more and more practice.

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Bamboo Grove forest - Tokyo, Japan
* What are the future Plans?

I would like to explore more in this field. I'm learning from my own experiences and from other people's work. I thinks it's just the beginning of the journey. There's a long way to go!

Gyeonghwa station, Jinhae - Korea
Lijiang town, China
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.
Travel The World Through Beautiful Illustrations of Richa Thakkar Travel The World Through Beautiful Illustrations of Richa Thakkar Reviewed by Admin on 02:00:00 Rating: 5